Create Milestones & Links with Alfred
If you use a Mac, and use Alfred, creating a new milestone, task or link can now be done at lightning speed.
Haven’t heard of Alfred? Alfred is an app launcher but it comes with so much more. They recently added a new feature called extensions, which truly opens up a world of endless possibility.
Note that in order to use the extensions feature of Alfred, you’ll need to purchase the Power Pack (£12).
Once you have Alfred running with the Power Pack, setting up the extensions is easy:
Download the extensions. You’ll receive a zip containing two extensions, one for creating milestones and the other for creating links.
1. Double click each extension
2. Alfred preferences will launch
3. Click Import
In your SUBERNOVA account, go to Settings and copy your API Key as seen in the screenshot above.
1. Paste your API Key into Alfred where it says YOUR_API_KEY
2. Click Save
This step should be done for both Milestones and Links extension.
Now you have the extensions setup and ready to create milestones, tasks and links via Alfred.
Create a new milestone or task via Alfred
Call up Alfred and type: milestone [Milestone name] ^[Date]
- Dates: Just like creating a milestone in SUBERNOVA, you can enter dates in human language, for example, now, today, tomorrow, 5 days, next week, may 29, 29 may, 29/5, 5/29 etc.
- Creating a task: To create a task (without a due date), just leave out ^[date] in the line, eg. “Design of website to be completed”
Create a new link via Alfred
Call up Alfred and type: link [Link name] [URL]
- You must include http:// or https:// in your URL to indicate that this is a link
- Just the link: If you want the URL to be the link’s name, just leave out [Link name] in the line, eg. “http://www.subernova.com”
That’s it. Hope you find this a useful addition to your workflow!